The APSC came into existence on 1st April, 1937 in accordance with the provision of the Govt. of India Act, 1935 with Mr James Hezelett, a retired ICS officer from London, as its first Chairman. On India becoming Republic, the regulations of the Commission were framed by the Governor of Assam in exercise of the powers conferred by Article 318 of the Constitution of India and the same came into force w.e.f. 1st September 1951. Also in the same year the Assam Public Service Commission (Limitation of Functions) Regulation was promulgated in exercise of the powers conferred by the provision of clause II of Article 320 of the Constitution. Shri Kameswar Das, an educationist of repute of Assam, was the first non-official Chairman of the Commission after promulgation of the APSC Regulations 1951. He held the office till July 1952.
Duties and Functions:
The Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) has to discharge the duties and functions as specified in its Regulations. However, as laid down in Article 320 of the Constitution, the prime duties and functions of the Commission are:
1. To recommend candidates for Direct Recruitment to the various services of the State Government.
2. To advise the Government on the principles to be followed to assess the suitability of the officers for promotion.
3. To advise the Govt. on all disciplinary matters affecting the person serving under the Government within the purview of the Commission.
4. To advise the Government on all matters relating to framing of Recruitment Rules/Draft Service Rules of different departments of the Government.
5. To advise the Government relating to the method of recruitment to Civil Services.
6. To advise the Government on matters relating to protection and fixation of pay, in respect of Government servants, who were initially appointed as per recommendation of the Commission.
7. To conduct Departmental examinations for Government services.
2) What is the role of APSC examination?
Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) recruits for the vacancies in State Services of the state of Assam i.e future Bureaucrats through the prestigious exam the APSC examination. APSC releases notifications and applications to this examination every year for the recruitment of different posts in departments under the government of Assam. So, eligible candidates can apply online after the release of notification.
The main purpose of this article is to provide complete information about the APSC examination and guidance for the preparation. To sum up, candidates can prepare for the exam either through offline or online coaching classes.
Role of Coaching Centre in APSC Preparation
Coaching is important in the preparation for State Public Service Exams. Moreover, APSC coaching centre of Guwahati will help you in the preparation and will increase the chances of success by reducing the workload of the candidates and gives you what is exactly needed. However, it is totally depends on the applicant whether to choose it or not. APSC Coaching Centre of Guwahati also provides you an overview of the examination pattern and changing dynamics. However, one should keep in one’s mind that coaching cannot guarantee your success. But it provides an environment for learning and applying that in all the three stages of the exam. The synergy of these two polishes the students to crack the exam even in the first attempt.
Reasons to join Online / Offline Coaching for APSC – Online APSC course
Our time, Your Place: Offline APSC coaching centre of Guwahati has a fixed timetable but online coaching is very flexible. Offline coaching for APSC of Guwahati gives you an opportunity to have one on one interaction with the faculty where you can clear all your doubts. While on the other hand, the candidate saves time from traveling between home and coaching through online classes. Rescheduling: The biggest advantage of our online/offline coaching for APSC is that no lecture will be missed . We will provide you with the best faculty member to guide you throughout the process of preparation whether you are working professional or a student.
Why one should join VisionQ, Guwahati for APSC preparation
VisionQ, Guwahati is a one-stop solution to all your queries regarding Civil services because we have an expert faculty team. Also, we provide high-quality study materials and candidates do not face any difficulty in collecting the same for APSC preparation. Moreover, candidates can trust VisionQ, Guwahati for APSC preparation as this academy provides facilities for the overall development of candidates through a learning environment.
1. Firstly, more than 600 hours of the APSC Foundation Course lectures are provided.
2. Secondly, the course includes coverage of a Topic-wise Syllabus. Also, it is taught by the most trusted and senior faculty members of our academy. Moreover, the subject matter experts are supported by an up-to-date content team.
3. On the other hand, you get personal attention in case of any difficulty.
4. You can choose the desired time and place.
5. Also, regular tests improve time management and accuracy.
6. Most importantly, the videos of lectures are available 24 x 7. So, you can watch the videos according to your preference.
7. Above all, the course is super inexpensive.VisionQ focuses on strengthening the base of the students.
Stages of Assam Public Service Commission Examination
The APSC exam is divided into 3 stages - Prelims, Mains and Interview.